PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2009, 13:44
hiphippyhippo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Macarto,

I think you are confusing yourself with the two different medical classification. The Pes status during NS is to determine one's "combat status" and stream these young men into the various category of suitable nature. Skin allergy? Pes C since the boy should not be exposed to long hours under the sun.

The aviation medical is just to determine if one is a healthy and normal individual. As long as you're healthy, most likely you will pass an aviation medical, no big deal about that.

So back to your qns, a guy who has sweaty palms in NS would prolly be in Pes B and can't throw grenades i suppose? But is he healthy and would pass an aviation medical? I dont see why not? So the two medical boards may have similar tests but have little correlation to one another.

@Alvincsj

You can try calling ST Medical and I may be wrong about this - But i dont think the kind lady over at the other end has yet to tell anyone that he/she has failed the medical over the phone. (unless you paid for the medical with yr own money) My guess is she doesnt have to give any explanations to anyone if she tells them they passed. Imagine if the entire world was calling her all day demanding a reason for not passing the medical.