PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malgus, bloody Malgus - yet again (Mergedx9) Wish people would look before they post
Old 1st Jun 2002, 12:59
BUDGIE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If PARC are doing the initial interview then I'd expect it to be conducted as done for the Aer Lingus TEP.
Expect it to be nice in the beginning and kinda about you developing into something more technical. They will tailor the interview initially to your experience and then as they get an idea of your technical knowledge toward aviation (and everyday things) they will progress. So if you've been obsessed with all things aviation since you were five I as an interviewer would of expected you to read books on aviation, if I think you might know how the jet engine works I'll ask - suck, squeeze, bang, blow - and then I might take that further to pressurisation then when you can answer stuff about that I'd push you till you admitted you don't know i.e. if you don't know something don't bullsh!t just say I don't know but I could hazard a guess that....-only guess if it's intelligent! -
I went thru the entire EI scheme system so would say smile lots, laugh - don't joke - and if the interviewer says something you know not to be true then tell em' they're mistaken politely and explain your reasoning - I did, he admitted defeat and laughed....got fast tracked so it done me no harm! - also possibly expect stuff about the weather-why it rains, where do clouds form?. Basically everyday household appliances, car engines etc... 4 stroke versus 2 stroke how's that work?
Go in, be confident, nice, smile, promote yourself and sell yourself and thank em' for their time and tell em' you've had great fun
And if Malgus turns out to be a farce as some people think it might I'd say £140 ain't that bad for the experience of aptitudes and interviews you can expect to come face to face with in the future.

Good Luck and don't freak out over it!!

BUDGIE