PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - aircraft landing at the wrong airfield
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2009, 10:07
ExSp33db1rd

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Speedbird 48

I know it was a VC10 cos I was on that fleet and one of the pilots was my exflatmate. I heard it as Bahrein - but you obviously know better
Been confirmed many times now, Dubai / Sharjah. Knew the crew, then ! - memory taken over now so can't quote now - and wouldn't anyway.

Dorval / Cartierviille. BOAC Britannia 312, landed, realised mistake when the YUL tower couldn't see them, taxied around, took off, landed at YUL. When the Sh. hit the F. the Cap. said " least said, soonest mended ".

A private pilot / student training at Cartieville thought BOAC can't be wrong, so went and landed at Dorval !!

BOAC D/Flt. Mgr. landed at Burtonwood instead of Ringway - threatened to sack the next pilot who did that.

Don't recall the BA Singapore incident? Worked in SING. from early 1983 so must have been before then ? more likely Paya Lebar / Changi than Seletar. P.L. was the familiar field, the new (present) Changi only recently opened in early 80's and had same runway directions a few miles to the South, similar approaches.