PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC in Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2009, 02:41
veloo maniam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KUL ATC

Hello Capt Wooblah..very nice indeed to hear from you Sir. KL is just fine and smooth sailing.Things are still cheap. If u do drop by in KUL give me a tinckle. Maybe we can meet up sometime. I have been quite busy with the MAS forum. Hence u see little of my postings but I still read PPRUNE all the time.
Totally agree with you on the situational awareness thingy. There have been occassions where communications is not established. Hence we maintain contact eventhough the acft may already be in someone else's FIR.
It's the helping out each other thingy. I still remember the day when the MH flight from Joburg to Buenos Aires called KUL ATC via Satellite phone to relay position report because nobody was answering them.We sent an AFTN message to Joburg. Every ATC unit has it's own limitations which is beyond the Ctlers ability to overcome. Basically it is the dollars and sense that prevents the best equipment and the required training sessions for Ctlers. However I believe it should not relief the CTler from giving their best because we are service providers. With that in mind, I think everyone should endeavour to give their best. Happy flying Sir.