PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoffrey Thomas awarded RAES "Journalist of the Year"
Old 24th Aug 2009, 01:16
Buster Hyman

Evertonian

Received 106 Likes on 60 Posts
Hi Neville. I briefly looked through them & noted they are all from ATW. I fully appreciate your point but you must bear in mind who he is writing for at the time. The following is from the ATW website...

For 45 years, Air Transport World has been the leading monthly magazine serving the needs of the global airline and commercial air transport manufacturing communities. Each month, more than 38,000 subscribers around the world look forward to reading up on the latest trends and developments affecting their businesses.
(My bold) In context, I don't read ATW for hard hitting, investigative journalism. I would be more likely take your point if you were quoting some articles from The Australian perhaps however, no need to go looking, as alluded to earlier, I'll concede that they probably exist.

Anyway, I think where GT differs from others is that you can PM him here or debate one of his articles on Pprune & probably engage him in conversation if you so desire.