PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One frequent travelers views on certain expat pilots
Old 23rd Aug 2009, 23:15
shortfuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While there was nothing particularly reassuring in this standard script, it was the plummy confidence of a captain who sounded as if he used to fly Phantoms for the RAF that allowed me to settle back. There was further relief as he named the first officer who’d be doing the flying. I think the name might have been Bruce or perhaps Wayne or maybe even Darryl – whatever it was, it was a name only Canadian or Aussie parents would choose. Confirmation came minutes later when some distinctly Canadian vowels exited the speaker telling the crew, “Seats for take-off.”
What kind of SLF is relieved when he notices that F/O's name is Canadian or Aussie...a racist one perhaps?

some of the bigger global carriers try to save money by hiring pilots from lower-wage markets, they need to think hard what this says about their brand image
Yeah, so true... Some global carriers have a two-tier system. One pay scale for westerners and another one for lower-wage market pilots...and having Malaysian, Chinese, African, ... pilots would be detrimental for its image (?!!!?).

Lots of BS in this racist-wrapped article.

Clean your Monocle Tyler before you try such an analysis!

I suggest Tyler Brûlé as he checks the pitot manufacturer on his A330 flights (as he wrote it) to have a look at pilots ICAO level as well...just for a further relief.

I hope no respectable airline pilots give any credit to this paper.