PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadet training- got Interview but am I too short?
Old 23rd Aug 2009, 15:51
FL999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey channinglai,
I'm 158cms too

i've been in the 747-400 and a380 sim at qantas and managed to get full rudder deflection and reach the switches on the overhead panel. the seats can move in any direction and go pretty far forward and the rudder pedals can be moved forward so u wont have a problem there.

The idea for the height restriction is so that at the eye reference level you can achieve max rudder deflection. so unless ur body is extremely un-proportional i don't think you'll have a problem. I also had a talk with HR officer at CX a year ago and she said as long as u meet the ICAO standards you'll be fine

don't ever let ur height stop you : )

z
There you go. You shouldnt just abandon cause of 2cms.!

Now another question for you guys. Im 190CM tall and i read somewhere that if i was that height or above id have to go through some additional checks to see if i...fit... or something...dont remember for what airline that was. But can anyone help me out with this? I guess If I can fly a 172 Safely(although a lil cramped) i wont have too much trouble with the bigger planes right?!