PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore's Newest Flight School: Scam or the real thing
Old 23rd Aug 2009, 14:01
PNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps it's just me but is the CAAS that close to reviewing the merits of a MCPL that people should just fork out US$125,000 in the middle of a recession no less for an alleged job with 1 of 2 low cost carriers flying 9V aircraft in 2 years time.

Last I heard the CAAS was taking a long wait and see attitude to this whole MCPL. I think there are only 3 or 4 countries doing it right now and North America or Europe is not one of them either.

A few weeks ago, in The Straits Times, we all read about a institution here in Singapore that was licensed to operate by the MOE and it turned out to be nothing more than a Diploma mill and lot's of unsuspecting people lost a lot of money.

Having been flying for over 25 years now, with a son who I also hope will do the same too someday, I worry about this because I would not want it to give aviation, or Asia in general, a bad name.

Not to mention that is backed up by Singapore Technologies too, nothing is infallable!