PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royalty not happy with RAF - What gives...?
Old 23rd Aug 2009, 09:20
vecvechookattack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brandnew..... There is nothing new there....the RAF have always operated like that... 2 examples...

I once went to a meeting in Plymouth regarding the planning for a JMC. At the meeting were 4 or 5 RAF chaps who had flown down from Nimrodland somewhere in Scotland. The meeting was planned to last just 1 day but they had booked themselves into the Copthorne Hotel for 3 days. I asked them how on earth they managed to get a non availibility chit in Plymouth (plenty of military accommodation available) and they replied that they printed one out themselves (forged one)

At the same JMC we were working on a detachment out of RAF Stornoway... the base had been opened and was operating as part of the JMC. Accommodation was ok...food was brilliant and the bar superb. One day all hell breaks lose as a Tornado had a snag and was diverting into RAF Stornoway (Plenty of accomm available) but no....the said Accomm was not good enough and so the 2 chaps booked themselves into a hotel in town.

The Junglies also do their training in Morocco (and Kenya) and so I wonder how one part of JHC conducts valuable and relaistic training whilst the other half goes on a pi$$ up in Vegas.

So your tale of the RAF fleecing the tax payer under the pretence of conducting valuable training is not new.... sad but not new.