PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - canadian radio telephony operators certificate
Old 23rd Aug 2009, 03:27
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just so the right information is out there first (and I'm a Delegated Examiner, not that its actually hard to become one).

The R/T exam is based entirely on the Study and Reference Guide. If you got something wrong, then look harder in the guide. I've gone through all the exams given to me by Industry Canada to hand out and have found all the answers.

The exams are all multi-choice. If you do get a long answer question then its an old exam.

They redo the exams every couple of years, and it is kind of important to make sure you have the most up-to-date guides do to minor changes in fines, R/T Phraseology, etc.

The exam(s) should take you no more than about 20 minutes to write if you have actually read the guide.

Personally, I still ask a couple of questions at the end of the exam if a couple questions were answered incorrectly, just so I can gauge your operational knowledge - like spell this, how would you say that, what should you NOT say over the radio, etc.

As for the ID thing. Yeah, its a licence, whether you think its silly or not, so we do have to ask for ID.

Where to go. Any Industry Canada office during normal business hours, and you dont normally need an appointment, except at some of the more major centres (YYZ, YVR), although like the post above, most schools have a delegated examiner or two (like I said, its not hard to become one and its benifical for a school to have a couple on staff) so check with them first.

Out.