PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You Know You Are In Africa When.....
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 19:48
FL999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best thread ive seen so far!

Awesome thread, keep em coming!

- Went to Plaisance Intl. in Mauritius once for some spotting(Spent about half a day there!). This BA 747 pushes back and starts taxiing to the holding point. Right on schedule. 9:20AM I think it was. I was thinking, great, on-time departure, those passengers must be pretty satisfied. However....the 74 reached the holding point and just stood there. I was thinking maybe another plane was coming in to land so he had to hold short. I tried to look for said plane in vain for about 10 minutes. Then i thought the 74 probably had some sort of technical problem but he showed no sign of trying to go back to the gate and nothing else was happening...no tow truck no ambulance no nothing. So im thinking..what is he waiting for, the airport is absolutely deserted and theres nothing in the sky and nothing approaching and its been already 15 minutes. Finally 20 minutes after that poor 74 reached the holding point, i see a spec afar. 5 minutes later this A340 comes in and lands. This poor guy had to wait for 25 minutes at the holding point when the incoming plane was probably still in freakin Madagascar(So to speak). I didnt have my VHF radio that day unfortunately....would have been interesting to hear the ATC conversation

- You also know you're in Africa when you're asked for your position when you're over the threshold about to touchdown...(MU again)