PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 16:39
alphaseven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatari515, thanks for the insights, I had long been thinking of a similar post, but thought to myself, who am I kidding. I’ve personally been in the Company for almost 8 years, and to be honest, Its never been as bad as exaggerated by our comrades here. Even though, I’m on the other side of the pointy end, we do share cabins with similarly frustrated team members, with the Whine Flu rather.
Now our friends are gonna ask me (while loading their ammo for a brutal attack) If there are so many complaining and you are of the few happier members, surely there’s something wrong with the system and surely ur on the Vaseline trip waiting for that upgrade or a management guy. WELL the answers are NO.
Lets get with the basics, every company has a unique way of dealing with their operations, and well so does QR. Yes, they might not seem conventional or logical to some , but once again you must remember, its not just the airline but the entire region. You decided to come here, and need to understand that it is you who has to adapt to QR’s practices and the country’s culture, not the other way around. Yes, its surely not going to be easy, and the ones that survive are the ones that are patient and know what they are in for. Its always a WIN WIN situation dear friends, whts innit for you and whts innit for them. Am sure most of YOU came here although you knew the facts, both honest and the bulls, (more of those on Pprune) and now expect to change everything or came with foolish wishful thinking and great expectations? Not so clever, this is what you get take it or leave it OR make the most of it (WIN WIN) OR spend your precious time being disgruntled with life, your team members, everything that surrounds you and vent it all out on this forum. The way I see it and I don’t mean to be harsh, you are loosing. Make the best of what you have Positively! If u decide to ride the waves during the storms, go ahead ! But please spare others of your negativity. When u’ve ultimately found solace in this ever so changing, abusive and harsh industry, go for it! Don’t be too bothered by wht QR is gonna do if everyone left one day, what matters is what you gonna do.
As far as the so called “injustices” have been concerned, please people get your facts right. How many would actually admit that they had asked for it..? Unfortunately, not everything you see is invisible as this is another one of QR’s ways of doing things, and then the so called rumor network to spice it all up.
What Qatari 515 has mentioned in all his posts is very close to the real deal, and if you read carefully, it’s not all cake walk, yes things could be better, but he’s got a positive attitude and to me, that’s the most important thing to survive the current wx.
Good luck to all of you joining, remember, WIN WIN!!