PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore's Newest Flight School: Scam or the real thing
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 15:39
PNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singapore's Newest Flight School: Scam or the real thing

On Thursday I was doing a CAAS medical when I met 2 young men, one from Ecuador and another from Singapore, and they were getting ready to dish out US$125,000 +++ 2 years of expenses, to participate in what they told me was Singapore's first MCPL program with ST Aviation Training Academy at Seletar Airport.

Having a son of my own that I hope will also learn the trade when he is old enough and his feet can reach the rudder pedals, I could not resist to talk to them to get more inforamtion.

These young men seem to think for this US$125,000 +++ that they are going to get a Singapore MCPL, something that does not exist and I explained to them that they would probably get Australian MCPL and that it is unlikely the Singapore CAAS will recognize it.

I wanted to be real gentle with them, no one should despair another person's dream in life I say, but they were firm in thinking that the Singapore CAAS would actually issue them the CAAS license and even further advised that they would all hope to eventually fly as First Officer's for Tiger Airways.

Apparently the Director of Training for Tiger Airways, as well as Tamesek Poly, was part of the interview they had with the Singapore Technologies Aviation Training Academy (Singapore) Pte Ltd.

Now is this a scam or is it the real thing for these young hopefuls??? I understand that 50 or so cadets that went through the CPL program in Australia still don't have jobs.

Your thoughts gentlemen... am I wrong to think so... in the middle of a recession no less...