PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 14:49
falconbis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cris

I know you are in the brooker business so obviously the fractionnals and their cards as a direct competition to your business.
I desagree with you about the Frax I think its gone get out stronger from that crisis, the charter market mainly exist based on owners of aircraft allowing their jet to be chartered a couple hundred hours a year to paid for the maintenance for example, meaning that the charter market exist because the capital invested in the jet in not taken into the pricing otherwise the hourly price will skyrocket up. It also mean those owners agree to have their aircraft flown with chartered customers on board...so they already accept the principal of the Frax ! i also met lots of owners around tied with their jet for sale now in this flat market who told me waiting for the plane to be sold then go to netjets !
I think the charter will be still there as well as the Frax , because its attractive financially so no surprise that Netjets is owned by a finance company, Buffet dislikes airlines but bought Netjets, because they make money by selling and financing airplane, not by flying them. surprisingly they communicate only on the operation (359m usd lost first semestre against 259 m gained last year same time ) there are very secretive about how much money they make selling and refinancing 1 airplane to maybe 30 or 40 customers in the life time of that airplane before they sell it defenitly out of the program..thats were Buffet sees the money !

the frax in europe will i believe remains a strong player because it introduced (sorry to say) lots of professionnalism in the GA market. i have been in this industry around 20 years now and i have seen, (coming and comparing standard from the airline) lots of cowboys companies all around, but also lots of crews ready to fly in very poor safety culture and training environment...dont quote me wrong, not all companies !