PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - classification regulation of closed charter CAR 206
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 13:57
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tailwheel,
For the life of me, I have never been able to figure out "Class A" cleaning and gapping of spark plug, or a "Class A" oil and filter change, versus a "Class B" oil and filter change. Personally, I only know one way, the right way.

In fact, in many cases of light piston twins, there is actually less "work" done on the aeroplane, compared with Class B, where the MR will ONLY be valid for 100h/12months max.

Often, the figure is 150 hours or more, with Class A, just more paperwork and the requirement that the "Approved Maintenance Controller" issues the MR.

But Class A must be "better" than Class B, stand to reason, doesn't it, something A Class must be "better" than B Class. You must stop this, or I will really start sounding cynical.

The current CAR206 is meaningless unless read in conjunction with the previous ANR197 onwards.
Exactly, and to my point that the reform, of which CAR 206 was part, was never completed, it "got lost" until those same "excellent fellows" that worked for Mick picked it up, and way they went. As a result, exit Ord Air, Cape York Air and quite a few others, as one of your moderators knows all too well. However, the "pronouncement" that piston engines were no longer suitable for "RPT" was, in the opinion of most I know, all Mick's own work, that is causeing all sorts of pain to this day.

Tootle pip!!