PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 11:12
Airbrake

Received 72 Likes on 23 Posts
I know little of the current LTN pricing negotiations with Easyjet but as some one who has operated out of LTN for many years on a daily basis I can honestly say that LTN Airport is a disaster area.

The recent roundabout changes and addition of traffic lights have made traffic congestion intolerable. The fool who designed this lay out should be sacked and the Airport Management who agreed to it should be fired. Everybody knows that a one way system is the answer to the problem so who would plan a road layout in a figure 8 so that all cars entering have to cross paths with all cars leaving. Traffic flow rates are instantly halved. Combine this with cars who then decide to off load passengers while the lights are red and you have chaos.

The £1 drop of charge is an insult as cars also have to queue to get out thanks to the traffic lights, queues at passenger security are a joke yet they have the nerve to charge £3 to avoid their incompetance and go through the speedy security line. And finally in recent weeks they have added an obstacle course in arrivals thanks to the addition of columns with advertising on them that 1000s of passengers a day now have to weave through with their baggage. I wont even mention flow rates during LVPs, back tracking issues for both runways and general congestion issues on the stands. However much easyjet are paying to LTN it's too much!