PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 10:17
harbour cotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is childish abuse. Get real. Dont fly the with the airline if you dont want to.

If I had a choice of airlines, at the same price, going to the same desitnations, then yes, I would use another airline. However, to date, that has only occurred once on any of the many flights I have used.

People use Ryanair for many reasons, not just cost. However, if on cost alone, and I use Ryanair for business and pleasure, the money saved means that I utilise the airport lounge and upgrade the hotel I am staying in. The flight is merely the means of getting there. (I actually enjoy flying with another low cost over even full fares (easyjet as the crew can be quite funny!)).

However, for the majority of times it means getting me to the destination I require without lengthy ground transport or changes of aircraft and at a good price.

Yes, the customer satisifaction is poor, yes not having rear seat stowage for your papers etc is awkward, but hey, its a minor thing. I would prefer that all airlines publish the full fares and then provide 'discounts' if you dont wish x and y etc. which ryanair does badly. But regular pax know this. I appreciate that if you are not a regular user, and perhaps been used to being spoonfed on a charter flight, and with a few children in tow, then the experience would seem like a nightmare.

I have flown hundreds of times, many times with RYR and they have only been more than 20 minutes late once. And yes, I do know that the flight times are actually less that the published times so that provides leeway.

I also agree however that it is totally wrong to change airports, and pax should be better compensated. But lounge, train and other costs can be refunded. I appreciate that this does not take into account the other hassle. However, I have flown 8 times with flybe, 2 flights were over 30 mins late and 2 flights were transferred to another airport which I cancelled as inconvenient. But its business and I dont go on about it. (The stewardess was nice though - does that count?)

Dont like something? then dont use it. If pax stopped using ryanair they would do something about it, I'm sure. But that doesnt seem to be happening.