PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 07:17
Powerjet1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I was at Luton at heard from a number of well informed sources that El Al are extremely delighted with the quality of service etc. they are getting and are looking to transfer some services from Heathrow - now that would be interesting
True, but I think they will need to see how great an impact the new easy service to TLV has, when it stats in November. Interestingly, for the winter period, the service seems to be operated by a 757, and not a 767, which I'm sure is a result of easy's arrival on the route.

The easyJet discussions are standard practice when new deals are being negotiated, we will just have to wait and see.
Agreed, but I think there might be a bit more credence this time. Certainly, apart from their charges, easy are well p****d off about the drop off charge, recent road problems, winter snow disruption etc, so who knows. Having said that, I don't think there has been any real expansion at LTN by easy for 2/3 years. Yes, they have introduced new routes, but this is normally because other routes have suffered frequency reduction. Remember the days when NCE was 6 daily, AMS 7 daily, EDI 7/8 daily.All recent LON expansion has gone to LGW. The proposed, additional 2 A320s to serve the new routes for this winter, is therefore quite a surprise. I think the fact that easy have not released any flights from LTN for spring 2010, while bothe LGW & STN are on sale, is all part of their tactics.

Regarding the Air Berlin rumour, whilst it would be a "coup" for LTN, I still think it is fairly unlikely, but who knows, as things can change quite quickly, especially in the current financial climate. AB flights ex STN, are bookable throughout S10, at the moment