PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways On The Slippery Slope
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2002, 21:49
gulf-crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MT QATAR

I presume I might be one of the people you are referring to???

Well lets just put a few things straight, I enjoyed my time in qatar and loved the country very much, I always enjoyed returning to Doha after my leave and on long haul flights. My words on qatar airways does not reflect my regard for the country which is very up and coming. However the way in which Snack Bar the Baker (ie Akbar) treats his staff and managers is wholly insane. A Manager at Qatar Airways is not a manager but a puppet on a string and anyone who things different is out of their head and should not hold the position their in.

The way that I was treated was not only disgusting but inhumane. Not only was I demoted with any warning but the words used were "we dont know why he just wants it that way" When I finally resigned after 4 years with the company one of the longest staying europeans at the time I was notified on a thursday evening that the chief wanted me out of the country by sunday. It was totally impossible with it being the weekend but it was also ramadan. Also I would like to see you trying to pack up 4 years in two days as well as sell a car.?????

The remarks we have all made are not about the Country but about Qatar Airways and the Chief and believe me, the airline would do a dam site better if he was not in the picture. It could have been the next EK but they have lost a great deal of good people who could have dont it but for the CHIEF.

Hope this clarifies things.