PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trapped on an airplane for 9 hours
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 04:07
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suspicious

so they diverted...bad wx...if they had lots of fuel they could have held...but they didn't and they diverted.

so when did they get additional fuel at Rochester airport? AND did they refuel with no escape route for the passengers? At our airline *major&*, you can't fuel a plane unless the door is open and the passengers could get out to the jetway...just in case.

some quick questions for those who fly the EMB145:

1. does it have air stairs, stairs onbaord the plane for passengers to deplane and if so, where are they located?

2. What is the max fuel load for a fully loaded plane? In terms of hours or miles or both?

AND dear dumb regional pilots. If you can't get help , call the local fire department and ask them for help. Explain that the firemen could drive slowly and carefullly and arrive at the plane, aid in deplaning to a safe environment.

AND, dear dumb regional pilot and regional freaking airline dispatchers...IF you couldn't get a bus to get the folks to Minneapolis...why not get taxi cabs to take them to local hotels?

oh...the answer is money.

and stupidity!

I've been to Rochester, Minn and its a fine large town with a world renowned medical facility *mayo clinic*

ha

I hope some bright news reporter reads this and asks some tough questions!

idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND 742...calling 911 and immediately saying, this is not an emergency, but can you help me out? usually works just fine with no jail time. Indeed, in my neck of the woods 911 can be used as long as it doesn't interfere with real emegencies. USE some smarts.

one could also ask information on a cell phone for the non emergency number for the local fire department or local police department.

I would like to think that pilots can think...and even posters on the forum could think

and I would like to think that an FBO at a nice town like Rochester , Minn could manage some sort of portable stairs. Calling the FBO would certainly get a twenty four hour response to something like fuel, at a higher charge of course.

THIS WHOLE THING IS RIGHT UP THERE WITH some of the dumbest things in aviation that I have seen.