PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: APNG Twin Otter Missing
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 00:36
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for listening fellas. I guess when you are check and training especially in areas like PNG you get to know the bloke quite well, you have a few beers, get to know what makes them tick, and listen to them talk about themselves and their hopes for themselves and their families, and more often than not get to like the bloke. It was a very tightknit community, TAA in PNG, and we would socialize as well as fly together, so when we lost a pilot and a aircraft it was very distressing to say the least. Obviously I had to go to his funeral, and face his young wife, and then spent endless hours with Australian safety crash investigators, and there was not really a satisfactory outcome, not to me anyway. The Twotter has flown countless hours up there, and has given great service, I certainly prefered it to the DC3, which was "heavy" to fly, in that enviroment, but of course acknowledge it is one of the greatest aircraft ever built. Anyway,anyone who is given the oportunity to fly in PNG take it with both hands, no sim, no training in this country, will give you a experience like it, and your skills will be appreciated by any airline in the world...