PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL: Start in Oz, continue in UK?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2009, 20:47
paulthornton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some added information I found out today - added mainly for the benefit of the archives and those who follow with the search function.

Having passed the skills test yesterday () I trotted down to the CAA at Gatwick this morning armed with lots of paperwork to see just how easy this was going to be. My concern revolved around the FRTOL which is handled by a different section of LASORS, and it seemed on first glance that I should have taken an RT practical.

Having spoken with a very helpful lady there, I was informed that Australian PPLs were acceptable without taking the RT practical exam, but my JAA PPL would be endorsed to the fact that it relied on the Australian FRTOL. This isn't mentioned in LASORS anywhere that I could find, but she confirmed it with another staff member and wrote 'Not required' in the RT section of the application form, so it must be true...
At any stage in the future (so sooner rather than later) I can take an RT practical exam and then the CAA will remove this restriction on the license, and the two licenses will be fully independent.

They took copies of my Australian PPL, medical, and UK medical; but they kept the log book. I wonder what comments might be made about the one hour in the B738 sim... I made sure I copied everything before I went down there as I wasn't sure what they would need.

So I'm eagerly awaiting another license in a couple of weeks time now. I will report any other developments that may be of interest to anyone.

Paul.