PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA-Changes to Licensing Rules
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2009, 17:48
Spitoon

GHB, if you want some help you're going to have to be able to concisely state your statement or issue. This, after all, is a pre-requisite of 'air traffic' - and I'd like to think that those involved in providing any form of air traffic service are able to do this.

Last I looked into it, FISOs have to hold a licence. People providing an AGCS (whatever that may actually be) have to hold a Certificate of Competence. Both need additional qualification in order to provide a service at any particular place.

As to what changes the CAA plan to introduce, if the CAA won't tell you, and as 2 sheds explained, you'll have to wait until they go public...probably through consultation on the proposals. Whatever they come up with, I presume that the rules will be intended to ensure that those on the ground providing an ATS have sufficient knowledge and skills to do the job. Certainly a step forward from the days when anyone with an FRTOL could get an AGCS Certificate of Competence!

As for the minimum age requirements.....was it really necessary for 2 sheds to explain? Providing an ATS is not something to be taken lightly!