PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 21st Aug 2009, 16:54
Flash_F16C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give me an insight on this!

hey guys i am a furloughed FO from ExpressJet Airlines. i was flying Emb-145's . my total time is 2300 hours and turbine time is 860 hours, jet time is 650 hours. I am working on to get my ATPL as fast as possible. I have applied for Qatar Airlines in hope to land a job with them or atleast get an interview invitation from them.
On their website it says they require ICAO ATPL or frozen ATPL , it clearly says on the site that FAA written exam is not accepted as a frozen ATPL, and for non rated pilots a minimum of 2000 hrs and 500 hours of jet time required. Which i already have that time requirements, Ok so now i am rushing to get my ATPL done.

To my surprise a collegue of mine who is also furloughed from ExpressJet as an FO, and then later got hired by Mesaba airlines and going to get furloughed from there as well next month, with his total time between 1700-1800 hours, no ATPL , only completed FAA ATP Written, applied with Qatar and have gotten an interview invitation to fly into Doha in November. he got the invitation email from Qatar and was asked to send the scanned copies of his Licence which is CPL, which he already sent the scanned copy to them, and he still got correspondence from Qatar about sending his travel info and visa info to come to Doha in November.

So what is going on ? are they accepting less than 2000 hours ,and CPL licences for non rated pilots on their fleet? what is your info on this ? can someone please give a response asap ! thanks.