PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 21st Aug 2009, 13:40
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now if that is not a tread drift, I dont know no-joke?

What does your remark have to do with it? Who says I am unconditionally happy?

All I am giving are facts! Both about the salary, the pitfalls but as well about the weakness of the pilots.

Sure, once the crisis is over the possibility exists that QR will be bleeding. Maybe yes, maybe no. So what? Don't you think our management is aware of that? Believe me, they are but so far they have been unaffected.

But what if the crisis lasts longer than what has been anticipated so far?

What if QR continues to be lucky, just as lucky as they have been in the past 9 years recruiting. Always there was some company somewhere going tits up, so they could enrol their pilots. Have you seen how many CVs we have in at the moment? And its not the end of the crisis yet, not by far, so you can expect some other major carriers to furlough pilots. And all will be joining QR or EY. I can just see the smiles on the CP recruitment's face!

Are you gonna sit there and complain in your small dark corner, afraid of directing your complaints through the right channels? That could turn out to be a very loooong wait.

All I am saying that even in QR there are ways to do things, there are communication channels for you to use and who knows, you might be able to change things the correct way. But you have to be willing to use them of course!

Because maybe, just maybe, QR could turn out to be not as temporarily as you would like it to be.