PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in Dundee
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2009, 10:13
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened here? a bumbling pilot all over the sky and ATC continued to handle him as if he had an IR and IFR equipt plane? Come on someone elses actions need looking at without knowing the full details or transcripts.
Get your facts right before you spout off PACE.....At no stage I think you will find did our mate Vince intimate to ATC that he had a problem.....the only problem was for the lady controller that found her self confronted with an ultralight aircraft bumbling through the Scottish TMA at FL 090 ish and 70 kts as she was trying to sequence here Edinburgh inbound traffic towards the tartan holding fix!!! And dont forget he was operating in the Scotish TMA which is class D airsapce where VFR flight is permitted with an ATC clearance with what dear Vince boy got....now starting to think you more of a muppet than Vince!!!
FisbangWollop

This was your posting which riled me last night where you called me a muppet for asking what i thought was a valid question. It was that rudeness that got me to make the statement of not wishing to meet an Air Traffic controller like you.

If you look at the extract you pasted I actually referred to the fact that i did not know the full details or transcripts. Mine was an impression based on snippets of information. You are in a position to know facts.

I fly corporate jets and also have thousands of hours on a multitude of piston twins many of those hours have been over Northern Ireland and Scotland in summer and winter, day and night, so I hold Scottish in high esteem and know the quality of service you offer.

It was late at night and I apologise for my part if you felt offended by my comments back at you but I was offended by your initial response to me.

May I further add that the problem with these forums is you do not see peoples facial expressions and we often say things to each other which we would never dream of face to face

Pace