PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in Dundee
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2009, 09:30
gasax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gosh don't read the thread for a day and it's handbags at 10 paces!

I was waiting for the almost inevitable 'microlight' and 'NPPL' attack and of course it came!

The aircraft type is pretty irrelevent because the CT does not look like one and certainly out performs the majority of two seat 'conventional' GA aircraft.

I'm sure that as the situation developed, ATC became very clear that if they did not expedite Biggles route onwards he would overload and become very unpredicatable.

From many conversations I have heard you can often see that point being reached - ATC decide that 'educating' 'shepherding' 'clarifying' whatever is not going to work and so giving a clearance and moving everything out of the way in the sensible thing. The last time I heard it happen it was two foreign military jets, with biggles at least he was slower so it was easier!

I shudder to think what the amazing shrinking GASIL will publish - doubtless more condesending rubbish, then of course we'll have some 'Reggie Bender' prognostigations from GASCO. I feel the hatred for Biggle building.

But to be blunt there really is nothing for the vast majority of PPLs to learn from this - fly with enough fuel? Well who would have thought. Don't land in a tree? Don't talk to the media? Try not to be a prat?