PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2009, 09:01
BEagle

Received 323 Likes on 115 Posts
Howabout, you may be reassured to learn that birrddog's device runs on the only true fuel. It is a Weber 'Performer' - but it looks as though it's the version which has a gas ignition system....

I agree about that suspicious looking bottle... But is it beer? Or has the bottle been, errm, used for an alternative purpose? Could anyone taste the difference...

Incidentally, amongst my hard-backed aviation books is the first edition 'Fate is the Hunter' I was fortunate enough to come across last year.

Nice cold VB last night with a couple of jumbo snags in a sub roll. 'Jumbo' as in 'large', not made from elephants........I think / hope..

Back to gas - do we consider that it is ever acceptable in polite society? Not as the main fuel, quite clearly. But as a built-in ignition method? Or is a gas lighter ( I confess to owning one) the only acceptable use for bottled fart fuel if used in conjunction with normal kindling materials?

Of course, Howabout, I accept that you probably have access to the local tribal elders who can teach you how to make fire without ever needing a match, let alone a gas lighter - but here at the head of the Commonwealth, getting modern health and safety matches to spark up one's true fuel blackfellow can be an utter pain!