PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Austrelian CC Ratio under threat
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2009, 22:15
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here at BA we often have crew sat at doors on their own!..............and in the UK, we have the 1:50 ratio
Channex101...So you believe that if someone else does something it's OK for you to do it?

If someone else jumps off a cliff you would do it simply because it was OK for him to do it.....
everything to do with the fact that early F27-100 in Australia had 36 seats.
LeadSled....That may be true or a nice little story but if I remember the F27 had 2 cabin crew and at least 3 exits plus an underwing emergency exit as well for only 36 pax...I would like to see a modern aircraft with an exit for every 9 passengers as well as 1 F/A for every 18 passengers....

For this to be looked at you have to do a risk assessment as you said.That involves looking at how many pax there are,how many exits there are and how many slide failures you might expect as well as Murphy's law rearing it's ugly head as usual....

But.....at the end of the day if you have more crew then you have a better chance of an incident being survivable than if you are running with less crew...

To say that another airline does it does not make a procedure or policy correct....

We have one of the best safety records with Australian commercial aviation and I don't see the argument to copy other carriers as a convincing one....