PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas/AABO
Thread: Atlas/AABO
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2009, 22:05
Miami Freight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reply to Nitty

"We have heard of the Polar group trying to initiate a DFR against the Teamsters since before the decertification finalized. Verified after the Polar side refused to cough up their accessed funds to their new Teamster representation after decertification of ALPA. The Teamsters side fully expected this and planned for it. Polar leadership threatened it day one after single carrier status was determined by the NMB."

Nitty, I don't know why you think this is a big deal. The accessed funds are in escrow for the purpose they were collected for in the first place. To defend the participants (merger committee) in the merger. Until the combined seniority list is activated that money must stay in escrow. It was never under ALPAs control why should it be under IBTs? Barring any lawsuit about the seniority list it will be refunded to the members who made the payments. As far as a DFR I wouldn't blame the PFEs if they worked on that but they would be better served just working on getting a reasonable settlement from AAWW. The best offer that was given under ALPA was three months salary. That's an insult to the long term employees that made the Polar an airline from the ground up. I don't know what the attorney fees have been so far but they could have probably given them one to two years salary and been ahead of the game. I do agree with your comments about Cato, he basically wore out his welcome. But like any good bureaucrat he made himself somewhat indispensable for at least the short time.