PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilot training in latin america
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2009, 20:33
PatagonianProud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello my 2 cents
i did my ppl in argentina but couldnt get a cpl because you NEED to have a high school certificate from Argentina or a country which has agreement i.e. chile, paraguay etc... the usa does not so i was out of luck. i went to uruguay and they didnt care about the high school requirement but you have to be a CITIZEN to get a cpl ! in chile the license is VERY expensive a medical can cost $600 US dollars (original) and the license expires with the medical so you need to go to Santiago every 6 months to renew medical 1 and pay another 25 bucks to renew license and again only 1 place in chile to renew all ... Santiago. Back to Argentina its still cheap and a medical for cpl is just $30 (compare to chile blahhh). In Canada no hassles with paperwork but a C152 rents for about 110 an hour plus 50 to 60 an hour more for instructor. I suggest you go to Argentina get your hours and then come to canada and just take the written tests, CPL $105 Instrument $35
and then do the flight test about $250. License CPL is $80 and $30 more for Instrument rating. Medical 1 original cost me $125 with ecg and audio test (did it 2 days ago) and Radio license was free and so was exam. good luck !! btw for every 1 argentinian living in chile there are 19 chileans living in argentina (per capita)