PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Aug 2009, 19:26
VV001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QR Interview

Well my friends, i just got word from another interviewee that he was offered the job after 8 days. Since i am still waiting and based on QR's past history, that is not a good sign for me at all As i said before, if you pass, you most likely will hear within 7-8 days. If not, then a few weeks.
My friends, what i wrote about the interview process was how it was done in August 2009 and with my interview group. In the past, they had done V1 cuts, Visual patterns, etc, etc. My group had no V1 cuts , no Vis. patterns, no formulas on the written, no AP/FD/AT. 45 min. interviews and 50 min. Sims. The profile i received in e-mail, had V1 cuts, Vis pattern, etc. When i left the interview, i was given a different profile and even different airport and approach. So obviously, they have (at least for my group) changed procedures. All raw data stuff. I read the FAA/ATP and a million other things. Maybe, just maybe the others had ONLY studied the ACE and not anything else. I don't know. I will not get involved in ACE V. Gleim (FAA/ATP) battle here. All i am saying is what i saw and was told. You choose for yourself what to study and how to prepare. EPR, there were no calculations on my test. Are you going to get one? I don't know!
Guys, i am a furloughed pilot with no jobs right now. I flew a B747-400 and have never flown an Airbus in my life. Don't sweat it too much. Study hard and give it your best shot. Either you will get it, or you wont. I guess i didn't!
Good Luck