PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in Dundee
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2009, 19:08
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
As I've mentioned before, I very much doubt that this accident will get much in the way of an in-depth investigation. The injuries were not severe, the amount of third party damage was modest and, as far as I can tell, there was no independent examination of the wreckage, so there won't be much in the way of hard evidence as to causality.

I also doubt whether any airspace infringements were severe enough to attract any sort of legal action either, even if they'd occurred South of the border they would hardly have warranted more than a stiff 'phone call to the pilot afterwards.

I predict that all we'll see is a brief report from the AAIB, based largely on the pilot's testimony, that will be nowhere near as entertaining a read as this thread.

That doesn't change my view that the pilot is being a fool to himself by continuing to pretend that he wasn't to blame. His chosen strategy will just make a great deal of work for others, including, I'm sure, the manufacturers agent in the UK. Flight safety isn't likely to benefit much, which is a shame, as I think a lot could be learned from a full and open appraisal of the causes of this accident.

VP