PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2009, 18:57
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, where's the contradiction? I believe the term "paradox" comes closer.

I had two points, both aimed at those who feel they are desperate enough (read: unemployed) to join. Both are designed to try and convince them that perhaps they are not quite as desperate as they think. I did join after a furlough and have regretted every day since. Since many are in the same position I was, and are pursuing the position I have, is there not some logic in offering a first-hand experience? It's only restating what many others are saying.

The one point is that if it is job security you seek, talk to the recently "resigned", and ask about their experiences. You are secure as your last flight, and the rest is - like Dubai - an illusion and a lie.

The other is that not all of the people leaving are unfamiliar with the challenges of unemployment - and yet, still can't wait to voluntarily leave and are actively seeking, and in limited cases finding, employment elsewhere.

People are free to draw their own conclusions from these facts, I am only stating them. I mentioned the multiple layoffs to underline the fact that some, (I am hardly the only one), of those who should seemingly want to cling to a job are working hard to achieve the opposite.