PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in Dundee
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2009, 16:20
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so the PIC is available to tell all and sundry his view of events and defend his actions. Whether or not this represents wisdom and his best course of action under the circumstances is debatable.
FlyBywife

I have no doubts thet Biggles has not given the true picture of the events
One poster described his responses as those of a politician skirting around the answers but not really answering the questions.

I am equally sure that he is trying to guard his ego. There are enough facts to piece together a likely scenario. Far from being arrogant I am sure he really knows how lucky he is and the mistakes he made.

My own pilot X example in a posting above is a likely one. Infact if I was Biggles I would use it as well as the bereavement as why he got himself into such a mess.

I am an inexperienced pilot. I got into weather I am not trained to deal with because of "push on itis" I was desperate to be with my daughter.

I should have told ATC of my predicament but thought I could sort it myself which was a mistake. I have learnt my lesson and under normal circumstances would not have acted in that way. I am sorry.

If he is clever that is the approach he will make tail between his legs. If he is stupid which I dont believe he is he will state that he is a fantastic pilot who did nothing wrong then he will deserve anything he gets and should not continue flying.

Munnyspinner
Totally agree. Very few accidents are the result of one mistake but an accumulation of poor judgements and actions.
Often that starts when flying when upset or not really in the loop.

Pace