PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Aug 2009, 15:17
mauuuus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its getting better

Greetings all,
I believe the posts are getting better in providing quality information and worthy questions.
VV001; thank you very much for the info. I believe all of us who are waiting for our interview greatly appreciate your shared experience, and good luck on your acceptance.
Regarding the interview stages:Written,Interview and simulator.
Written: one has the most probability to answer/guess correct a question due to time available, and make an educated guess. One worthy book to study the FAA ATP is the GLEIM ATP by Irvin N. Gleim. The book is divided into subjects and each topic has an introduction to the subject.
Interview: In this stage you have less probability to make an educated guess due to time and presence of the panel. the golden answer if you do not know would be, " i am sorry i can not bring to mind the information, but I know in I can find the information in this book".
Some questions asked in the interview where (info from some acquiescence who got hired) : From the aircraft type rated, the electrical and hydraulic systems, procedures for miss approach 2 eng. and single engine, evasion maneuvers for ground prox. and windshear, limitations. Golden rule.- The more concise and professional your answers are the less they will ask. (every panel loves to see a well prepared airman).
A well prepared answer would be to answer the question, tell (share) a related situation and the positive experience from that situation. (this kind of answer worked 100% for friends who got hired in Emirates and Etihad)
Simulator: In this stage is where most applicants do not make it. You know or you do not know, there is no guess. And thats were my most concerned is, because I am a Boeing airman. And as a good old timer military instructor said," you study for a 100% performance but you perform 70-80% because of the situation, pressure, mind tricks and for what is in risk".
According to some acquienscence the sim profile was/is, visual pattern with a 15 kt x-wind and with AT, land. Next a V1 cut. Eng. failure procedures, CRM, vectors ILS miss app. (20-30 simulator session) What they are looking for besides flying skills is excellent CRM. Do not forget to involve in your flying your PNF and the check airman. On your first and second T.O. ask your PNF if he is ready and also ask the checkairman if he is ready, maybe he is still punching the numbers in the back.
Well lads,thats my 2 cents worth of information.