PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 - LAME positions.
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2009, 07:31
The Mr Fixit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I threw some bread crumbs on the water around my line but lost bait, hook, line, sinker and rod in one foul swoop.

I apologise for whipping you into a frenzy Bugs your comments re communism and mother russia made my eyes swell with tears of days gone by.

Your opinionated degradation of the avionics personel re the 'queer' trade suggests you carry a rather large chip around on your shoulder

So Mr Fixit,you seem to have a problem with those that have taken the initiative to train themselves.
Yes I do have a problem, you just screwed over your supposed mates you work with and by the look of it you could care less oh how very LAME of you

My career would have stagnated whilst all the glory boys got the training,and then when all the Ansett refugees came in and pipped me in the training stakes,I would have been kept down again.
Yes the EACs did put a dint in training and their desire to 'do anything' the supervision wanted to secure the next course slot ahead of deserving QF candidates stuck in my throat also. As for the glory boys they are now ops managers or used dried pieces of skin left over from the dispute and will always be lurking in the shadows. As to being kept down how long had you been a LAME when this being held down occured and while we're at it how long did you spend as an AME after your APP finished

So instead of leaving mine and my familys fate in the lap of the Gods,I decided to take control of my future and make sure I had a future.
By your earlier degradation of avionics personel, I take it you are mechanical, a group that numbers almost 2/3 the engineers in QF but receives only approx. 3/5 the training. Yes as a whole you have been neglected, instead of turning your anger to a group that doesn't have a say in your training (Avionics) how about you turn it towards a group that does ....MANAGEMENT or are the coneheads too easy a target and MANAGEMENT too vindictive which lessens your bravery extensively.

If I had listened to eye swivelling lunatics like you and believed your tripe,and there were plenty of you then and still are plenty of your type about now,I would not be making my weekly subs to the ALAEA,and more importantly,I would be on about a third of the wage I am now.
Prior to the last election of the ALAEA thats exactly what you were doing
I would suggest after our last eba your actually doing better than ever

And if I am wrong and youre not in the upper levels, then I would still assume that you are Avionics. And if you arent licenced on everything by now that Qantas flys after 30 years in the industry, then the reason for your lack of training is simple really. Its YOU!!
What an a typical comment from the X generation 'Me Me Me" there are a large amount of mechanical men and some avionics men (not alot) out there who have been here twenty years plus done the right thing worked hard day and night and do not have all the Qantas types for one simple reason... Qantas didn't train and then self serving pr!ks went outside and did courses that removed the company's need to train them. I would also like to know how long you have been in the industry as I said I, thirty years (nearly) four qantas types an average of 1 type per 7.? years of company service 6 years since my last course. Care to offer your story ?

At the end of the day,my licence is MY licence and not Qantas's,so if training LAMEs was simply left to Qantas or other carriers,and we werent able to train ourselves, we would probably be a lot further down the track of a licencing system where the employer totally dictates who is trained and how many "approvals" are issued by QA.
What a load of bollocks, company licencing has been with us for over ten years now since CASA did away with type licencing, Aviation is a closed industry, the company whoever they controls the aircraft they buy be very aware THEY HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO TRAIN EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US they choose to ignore that obligation so they can pit us against other so we don't notice the 101 ways they are retarding this company, this industry and our future.

Maybe that is what worked in Mother Russia in the old days pal, but if it wasnt for organisations such as Queensland Aerospace,JTP and the like, then you would likely have a lot less guys out there as fellow union members,and we would likely see a much weaker system where we would now be hiring foreigners on 457 visas instead of employing Aussies in what is a good industry.
That is exactly what they have done, did it ever occur to you that Qantas actually set up and funded each and every one of these organisations (check where DC, DF, MB, JV are board members) to further their own ends of denying their workforce an opportunity to train and ridding themselves of training inhouse. 457 visas are being imported into this country under what auspices ? they don't have the technical capability Why ??? because they don't train their own people..... Australian citizens and by the way if Qantas had of been compelled to train more by the solidarity of men / women not going outside to train we would way better off. In reference to your last words 'in what is a good industry' by the feverence and bitterness in your post (not only to Avionics personel, communists, long serving employees but me also) it suggests to me that this is a tongue in cheek comment and you are not all that happy and you are certainly not alone there Bug-a-lugs.