PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Aug 2009, 05:03
VV001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recent QR Interview!

Hi guys. I’m new here on this forum. So take it easy on me. I am only trying to help. I interviewed at QR very recently. Here is the scoop:

I had studied the FAA/ATP book. The text and the questions. I skipped all the “refer to” questions and just read what was appropriate for a multiple choice written exam. I had also studied the Jepp’s introduction section. I also found the answers to all the questions that I read on this forum. Also lots of “incidental learning “will take place during your research. I also reviewed the North Atlantic Orientation Chart, my companies GOM and my aircraft’s systems and limitations. Lots of questions can also be typed into and answered using Google!

The interview had three parts: 1. Written. 2. Panel interview, 3. Simulator. You have to pass each part in order to move on to the next.

We showed up at 8am. Was given a presentation on the company and a chance to ask questions. Then a small break. After the break, a 50 question test and 1 hour to take it. All the questions were JAR based but having read the ATP book and also using basic pilot knowledge and some common sense, I was able to pass the written. Those who did not, were dismissed after lunch (provided by QR). You get to keep the room till your checkout date.

Then those who passed the written, were called in for the interview with the Chief Pilot Recruiter and an HR lady. Approx. 45 min. each. They asked the typical HR questions and some technical questions regarding weather, TD, RWY conditions, WS recognition and avoidance, etc. Then we were provided with a profile for the Sim. that was different than what we had previously received. Went back to the room and shortly after that had a letter under the hotel room door that invited me to the Sim.

Sim was A330. Normal profile is now expected. No V1 cuts and supposedly no abnormal stuff or malfunctions, although I did get one. Plan on CRM, briefings, calling for flaps, gear, checklists, etc.

When all the Sim’s are over, you can go back to the hotel. No feed back on how you did. They say, you will be notified within 2-4 weeks.

You can study for this till you turn blue in the face. But the fact is that you need to study to a point where you feel comfortable for an interview. Not all the questions are going to be the same. Not everyone will get the same written or the same oral questions asked. So just study what ever you can find. Tip: Some of the guys that did NOT pass the written, had studied ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had studied for the INTERVIEW!!!!!!

Now I wait!

Good luck