PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flap 'UP' Speed - 737NG
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 21:43
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will find that at no time do you bug extra when on auto. If the autothrottle was out, you would, but with it engaged, the throttle response is regarded as assured, and minor transgressions above and below bug speed are acceptable. Maybe one of the main philosophical points escaped you causing frustration amongst your trainers. An enquiring mind is always good, but established procedures are first priority . If you know a better way, take it up privately, but nobody wants to see someone working to their own unique techniques- it confuses everybody. I have had to stop people imposing their own particular limitations- one that springs to mind was 250kts below 10,000'. I dragged out the reason: 'birds!'. I said 'Stop that- it's not in the manual! When we share the same bit of sky, you lose! Bye-Bye Birdie. These people have paid for jet speed- how dare you impose a limit on them of turboprop speed! You are not giving them what they have paid for!'.

I would seriously advise you- don't confuse yourself and others at this stage. Fly as you are told. When you have some experience under your belt, come back and see your chief trainer and discuss then. Nobody wants (what they see as) a jumped-up novice trying to change things before he's learnt his trade.