PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 21:18
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barden,
Bit of a cheap shot methinks.
Perhaps the problem here between so many of us, and I include al446 , slim et al in this, is not that we don't agree things should be better (of course they bloody should ! ! otherwise why did you choose this profession ?) but rather , whether now is the time /Ryanair the place/ the current workforce a suitable army . . . to achieve any worthwhile gains.
I have to say, the answer, much as it pains me to admit it, is probably NO.
Globally we are in a crap situation, and when we weren't what did we achieve ? Diddly Squat, in fact a loss of real world earnings of the order of 40% in 10 yrs. . . Yep, bloody impressive, so we are so bloody good at taking care of our T's &Cs that we shoud pick a fight now ?
The time to invite BALPA/IALPA on board was when the market was bouyant and we had every possibility to walk out the door and find another job without having 10 keen bods baying at the door to replace us.
The current terminally defunct campaign was too little too late by BALPA, I.E. us, yep you and me folks, and wisely they pulled the plug on it thereby not screwing themselves (and us ) for the next 3 years.
About 2 years ago IALPA I M P L O R E D BALPA to go for recognition.
The TOSSER in charge at that time said NO , we have to employ a full time rep before we do that.
A valuable opportunity was lost courtesy of that ****, who fortunately, is no longer in charge of BLAPA ( Leo ) so we have ended up fighting with one hand tied behind our back, never a clever idea.

That gentlemen, is the story, so stop bickering, do your job, keep your head down and await the next "realistic" opportunity to change things. And, Slim & Leo, I know you too would benefit from better times being negotiated, so stop attacking the desire to achieve it,your quite correct cautions that now is quite obviously not the time to do so are well understood by those of us with some sense of reality , believe me.
On that note, can we stop the infighting, I think finally we all want the same, to be treated /rewarded a little better, but not at the expense of keeping our jobs by overmilking/p1ss1ng off the cow at the wrong moment.
Well, that is how, one bottle of really excellent Spanish wine costing a mere 2e (don't just live in GRO for the sun . . . . too much at the moment Phew ) I see it, finally I think we overcomplicate the simple, with egotistical and entrenched viewpoints.