PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flap 'UP' Speed - 737NG
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 19:20
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you, Rainboe. What a highly constructive comment

I asked this question because I cannot get a definitive answer. I have asked LTCs/Line Captains etc and I got a variety of answers including the 'mountains from mole hills' quotation. The SOPs are vague in this area. They go as far as informing the pilot to 'bug the up speed.' They make no reference to the speed dropping below the 'up speed' or bugging 2/5/10 kts above the 'Up speed.'

If I check the FCTM I can educate myself on maneuvre speed protection. It's nice to know! I don't want to test its capabilities by thinking 'I know better.' I am just attempting to find out a little more about the aircraft that I fly. I like to think that I can quizz the knowledge of those more experienced to give me guidence. I then intended to take this to our trainers and see what they say, not simply by going 'Sod the SOPs, I'll do what the **** I like.'

I know who you are Rainboe. I know by your inputs to this forum that you have considerable experience in aviation. If you aren't prepared to share it with those wanting to learn, then don't. I care little for you making generalisations about how I operate the aircraft!