PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 17:45
iwhak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iwak....the point I am trying to make is that business development must be sustainable. A lot of money has been thrown at a lot of routes out of NOC that have not been viable. If an airport gets a reputation for encouraging airlines to develop routes that fail, it will prove increasingly difficult going forward to drive new routes abd pax numbers. LGW is a case in point, I doubt very much that the route has generated any contribution to the airport's bottom line when you consider the amount of incentives that have been thrown at the various operators to date. Since EMA commenced the figures on BHX have diluted enormously. Case in point, BHX May 06 totalled 7,500 this May total 4,500. The route is dying on its feet because FR launched EMA, and MAN will go the same way, and yes the recession is having some impact, but you would have expected growth in 07 and 08, which would offset some of the industry wide 15 - 20% declines experienced this year. My original point is and has not changed that NOC will go the same way as SNN with FR, and there will be NO new carriers. As an aside I have no wish to manage NOC, or personalise the debate, I am merely attempting to be constructive!