PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC 225 vs. S 92 'from the cockpit'
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 15:59
David Stepanek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Started:

HC,
Still very tame compared to missiles flying in 2004-05 timeframe! Though a little off subject, I do like the EC 175 so far (full disclosure my company has a large position on the 175), but comparing a much larger EC 175 to an S76 is a bit difficult/unfair. The D will fit in where the AW139 and EC175 are too large or too costly to operate. One example for the Gulf of Mexico is many platforms are rated to 12,000 pounds or less, limiting the bigger medium twins. Now that the B214STs are basically out of the market the EC 175 is really creating its own place, I assume not just in the civil world. Frankly if I were Sikorsky I’d be more concerned with how the EC175 measures up to a Blackhawk instead of the S-76. Also Sikorsky does have some interesting ideas for the next medium as well, not just the X2.

I do like the fact that we now will have a range between 6-13 ton aircraft to choose from!

Now build one that gets 200 knots plus, smooth ride, comfortable cabin, right sized baggage compartment, robust gearboxes that make TBO, reliable low fuel consuming engines and a cockpit that suite HC’s very demanding standards. Oh yes and dampers that don’t leak.

Dave Stepanek