PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can't quite believe this! (Cheap Windows 7)
Old 19th Aug 2009, 14:23
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry that I did not say this earlier

I missed the obvious in my prev posts - Re Win 7 - Don't forget its a big oppertunity to push kit to the hordes of users out there with "aging kit" in computer terms - MS is a business and a very successful one too. The glowing reports re WIN 7 are part of an incentive by the software and hardware manufacturers and computer media to push sales, its in their commercial interest. I'm sorry for those people who have no choice but to purchase units running vista. Its not that Vista is that bad - I have used it on other people's machines with lots of RAM (2GB plus), SATA HD's etc. Its the constant "Well you must have this to to play Bhah de Blah at 72 FPS or calling all "power users" I love that one - " - Sorry but the majority of users want WP,EM and near totally reliable, fast and cheap internet access - We have learned through 20 years of experence as users; that once its in and working "Leave it alone" - I'm an offender of the "I bet I can improve my download speed from 5.5 MBs to 5.5005 MBs brigade ". Msg to self leave the thing(s) alone. Win 7's own biggest compeitor is XP Pro SP3. - Take a very cool long hard look before upgrading kit, if its working. Avoid the marketing vortex.

CAT III - An ex kit tinkering offender.