PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in Dundee
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 13:49
Timothy

Sub Judice Angel Lovegod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(I'd be using my real name on PPRuNe except that at the time I joined essentially nobody at all used their real name, and I didn't want to look odd.)
Well, I might look odd compared to the rest of you, but I would seriously question who is out of step here.

Of course there are reasons why ATCOs and Professional Pilots prefer to remain anonymous, but those reasons do not apply to amateurs and I am quite sure that most people use their funny names simply because they feel like they are playing Secret Seven or Swallows and Amazons.

I am equally sure that the reason that people on here get so rude and unpleasant is because of the anonymity. I know that anyone who cares can find my eMail address and telephone number in seconds and that is a really good incentive not to call people w@nkers, to$$ers and complete furkin morons.

I wish a few others on here would change step.

I am more commonly on two other aviation forums. On PPL/IR real names are de rigeur and no-one is rude or unpleasant. On Flyer it is about half in half and Ian Seager occasionally has to tell us off and here it is 99/1 anonymity and no constructive dialogue is possible without people becoming unpleasant.

Surely the link can be made?