PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A BA Tale of two halves.....
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 12:01
manintheback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slightly off BA thread topic but as its gone to comparing airlines

Nothing but nothing will ever beat Bahamas air and Nassau

Miami to Nassau, checked in, seats, boarding card etc. flight delayed 3 hours. Lounge looked incredibly full. Announcement for pax who had not got an earlier flight to come forward and board. Then after that announced that seat allocation changed to free seating i.e whatever is left first come first served 40 seats - the rest wait until tomorrow - ever seen 100 odd people charge the gate in one go? Interesting experience, I made the 2nd last row

then on the way back
5th in line waiting for check-in to open. Check in opens told flight full - (eh?), but not to worry theres a special plane scheduled to take off 15 mins after (yeah right)........(turns out there were people in the lounge who had been waiting over 24 hours) about 4 hours later I realised the only way we would make our connector in Miami would be to fly with someone else. So 2 singles with American Eagle booked over the phone in front of American Eagle desk at departure gate
American Eagle girl went over to the Bahamas Air desk (its a very small departures area) to arrange for the luggage to be moved over. Bahamas Air girl took the 2 new boarding cards and tore them up in front of me as I didnt need to fly with them as the Bahamas Air flight would be leaving 'soon'

another 8 hours later we finally left

and arrived Miami to find no luggage at 2am

For some reason I've never been back