PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in Dundee
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 11:08
Cows getting bigger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have spoken to the AAIB yesterday and today and they are getting on with the job. I have referred them initially to my posts on this site since it seems pointless writing another report when most of the detail is available in serial form.
Vince, I'm not sure you actually realise the seriousness of the predicament you found yourself in. OK, I guess you had a quick chat with you maker after the engine failed and subsequently breathed a sigh of relief when you clambered out of the wreckage. However, your subsequent actions/words are, to say the least, bizarre and must cast doubt on you competence as a pilot; to point the AAIB at a number of pprune posts rather than filing a formal report is frankly out of order.

To summarise, you had a notifiable crash and are required by law to report certain details (link at Air Accidents Investigation: Reporting an accident). You've got into a bit of a mess entering discussions here and consequently your recollection of actual events may have been slewed. Furthermore, whilst the AAIB will not apportion blame the authorities (ie CAA/police) may well look at an AAIB report and decide to take things further. As others have suggested, shut up, write a proper, objective and comprehensive report (don't post it here) and present it to the AAIB.