PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 07:50
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kluge, to list the hard-cover books I read, aviation or otherwise, would just be precocious on my part. And that I ain't. However, I am reasonably confident that my library, on all manner of subjects, is a little superior to your comic and paper-back collection.

I can, though, offer something that may be of some use to you.

When my eldest was 9, or thereabouts, he was still suffering from the depredations of the Aus schooling system and took a little while to spool up with his reading.

Fortunately, we had the opportunity to live in SEA (free from a politically correct society) and he found a complete set of Biggles - which I still have in one of the book cases.

His reading improved remarkably over a very short period, so that he leap-frogged Cussler and Wilbur totally.

This could be a possible solution to your problems. In the spirit of lending a helping hand to the less fortunate, and encouraging a much valued aquaintance in the aviation fraternity, I'd be most happy to set up some sort of arrangement whereby I could send you the Biggles books.

They're also soft-cover, by the way, so you won't feel intimidated.

To add relevance, I'm just up to the penultimate refuel southbound with the K2s. BEagle, no doubt, will pooh-pooh my lack of intrinsic knowledge, quote:

Vulcan 607 wasn't bad - if a bit simplistic for aficionados.
But, on the other hand, he drinks a P155 called VB, so maybe his gyro's have toppled.

Last edited by Howabout; 19th Aug 2009 at 08:14.