PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 07:37
FrequentSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alwaysairbus

Unfortunately an inevitbable situation which could happen to any airline/crew at the moment.. 20 years ago it was far less probable, even with inferior technology aircraft... now it's on time departures,min fuel bare minimum training, ignore the little things... dare not write things in the tech log in case the next departure is delayed, fiddle the pax weights for the right perf figures ... it all waters down the safety levels and airworthiness authorities turn a blind eye until something happens and it's time to allocate blame
I have read the report but I do not find any reference in regard to what your are mentioning in your post.
now it's on time departures
They return to the apron...
dare not write things in the tech log in case the next departure is delayed
the report is referring various times to the tech log, therefore the entries were made
fiddle the pax weights for the right perf figures
Unsubstantiated in this case

In matter of fact I found disturbing that the failure single relay R2-5 can disable the TOWS without the giving any alarm to the pilots. According to the report this happened several times in the past to different airlines. All aircraft with similar TOWS design have a single point of failure...
FSLF