PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Austrelian CC Ratio under threat
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 07:09
airtags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry twiggs - pegasus is on brief and you're wrong....
.... and [shortly] under the regime any operator who would be stupid enough to propose a 1 up fire fighting regime (unless its on a dash 200) in their safety case would see it rejected. They would be required to modify to the satisfaction of the regulator or risk show cause proceedings being initiated against their AOC.

- The regulator will not accept a 1 up fire fighting proedure on any RPT jet ops and if they did I'm sure the two FAAA's AIPA AFAP et al; would aggressively oppose it....besides its just dumb and would only be proposed by someone who does not fly for a living.

Reality is that a lot of the 1:36 exemptions that have been issued should not have been. DJ & JQ particularly. (& don't even get me started on the stupidity of 1 crew to operate 2 doors)

As for DJ still sending crew to the o'wing - and specifically L2 in a land evac - as I said before both the Boeing direction and the subsequent CASA requisite for reduced crew arising from Type III (self help) - sic. overwing - exits is very clear.

The big question is that why does DJ's Ops manual still require L2P to go against the pax flow and more importantly, WHY did CASA issue renewals in the dying days before the 30 June 09 expiry of DJ's exemptions for 737 a/c WITHOUT reviewing the Ops Manuals....

The answer is that the current system is totally stuffed and there is no apellant or discoverable means.

Fortunately, the new 20:16 NPRM & CAAP which will come into fore will stop these kind of cloistered outcomes and require a higher level of accountability from operators who have taken advantage of the system.

AT